January 20, 2008

I Want My Body Back!

I want my Mtv too and while I'm at it, maybe I'll bring sexy back. In my dreams.

This is going to be an experiment for me. I'm nervous about it, but I've decided that I'm going to blog about my journey into weight loss. I'm thinking that maybe if I blog about it, I'll have to be held accountable for it somehow. Have you ever joined Weight Watchers? You know how you have to report every week and get weighed and keep a journal and all that stuff? Well, I was thinking maybe I could do that sort of thing here on my blog, for free, for myself.

So, this might be the post topic you might want to skip reading. In fact, I think I'm going to pretend that no one reads my blog (which is almost true) so that I don't feel so self conscious about it. But on the other hand, if you do read my blog and you are in the same boat as me, I think adding a comment to my posts may help me to stay motivated.

Anyone want to join me in a weight loss/fitness blog?

I haven't checked it out yet and maybe something like this already exists so if anyone knows anything about it, let me know.

Here We Go

So, I started working out this past week and I'm very proud of myself for being pretty consistent about it. I worked out several days this week (every other day) and I've been very diligent about taking my vitamin each day, eating breakfast, eating less junk food and most importantly, drinking more water. I have to go pee now just thinking about it.

I'm starting out very slowly. If I overdo it, I know I'll get discouraged and quit, so I'm keeping my expectations pretty low right now.

Stats
Ugh. I really don't want to write this part, but I'm gonna. Take a deep breath.
  • Current weight: 195 lbs. (the highest weight I've ever been while not pregnant!!)
  • Current measurements: (crap, where did I put my tape measure?)
  • Bust: 46 (not too worried about this part since I'm still a milk factory)
  • Waist: 38
  • Hips: 44
  • Distraction of the moment: OMG! Did you know that Blondie is 60! "Call Me" is only number 78 on the list of the Top 100 Songs of the 80s according to Vh1. That's a bummer, it should be in the top 20 at least.
    oh, wait, that's not part of the plan, is it? Oh, but it is.
Current Program
When I say workout, what I really mean is that I dance around in my living room like an idiot for 20-30 minutes. Right now, it's very simple. I find a dance or techno music channel on the cable box and crank it up. Lucian loves to dance now so it makes working out in the living room pretty easy. He is usually content to hang out with me close by and dance to the music. He thinks it's a game.

I start out with 10 straight minutes of heart-pumping aerobics. Well, my version at least. I'm probably doing this all wrong but for the time being, it is what it is. My goal is to get my heart rate up and to warm up my muscles. Then I do some stretches and lower impact moves. Then I do slower moving stretches to calm down. Then I drink some more water. I try to do this every other day and for at least 20 minutes. The last two times I made it to a half hour.

Diet
I believe that 'diet' is just 'die' with a 't' on the end of it. I don't count calories. I'm still breastfeeding a couple of times each day, so I don't think I should cut down on food intake too much. I actually think part of my problem is that I don't eat enough to begin with. So, I just try to eat healthy foods as much as possible and keep junk food out of the house. I do allow myself to eat dark chocolate once a day.

Eating healthy is a challenge because my husband is such a good cook and he loves to spoil me. How can I resist?

Well, I'm really distracted right now and I can't think of anything else to add, but I think I'm going to try and blog about this each Sunday.

Till next time.
My bathroom scale is going to hate me and I'll try to resist the urge to burn it in the back yard.

1 comment:

  1. Good job in starting your healthy lifestyle! I've started taking "baby steps"...meaning I'm not all out acting like Bob Greene, but I'll start letting go of one bad habit here and there and incorporating a new good one. Like I stopped eating a pint of Haagen-Daaz EVERY DAY, and I am trying to walk the idiots almost every day. DO NOT IGNORE CHOCOLATE. Can you keep Hershey kisses in your house and have one or two...without eating the whole bag? That way you don't binge on Halloween and eat all of Lucian's goodies. Experienced over here on that one. And to make you feel better...I weigh more than you...but that's as close to telling my weight as I'll get! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! I really appreciate your thoughts.