January 20, 2008

I Want My House Back too!

Yay! We just got back from visiting Oma and Opa at their NEW house! I am pretty much overjoyed at the moment. Opa was living with us for a couple of months and, no fault of his, but it has not been a picnic because it delayed the process of moving Lucian into his own bedroom. We were going to do it months ago, but then Dad had to come live with us until he and Mom found a place. It all worked out nicely since they were able to sell the home in Flagstaff and found a truly wonderful home here in Tucson. I really love their new place and they are really happy too.

So now a new chapter begins in our quest to reclaim our marriage bed - room - er, um, you know what I mean. I am really looking forward to setting up Lucian's new room. I keep daydreaming about how to set it up and decorate it and all that. I wonder if he'll like having his own room. I'm nervous about the transition. He is slowly, slowly weaning which is ok with me. I'm not in any hurry but I don't really want to be breastfeeding him while he's packing for college either. Something tells me his girlfriend would not appreciate that too much. (Although I suppose his frat buddies might think it's cool.) But I digress.

I can't even imagine what it's going to be like to not have him sleeping 2 feet away from my head each night. I wonder how long it will take till he starts sleeping through the night. I wonder what it's going to be like to sleep for more than 3 hours solid. I wonder how I'm going to feel with him being 'so far away' on the other side of the house. (our house is very small, so I'm being sarcastic.)

There is going to be this huge space where his crib and changing table is now. I can't decide what I want to really put there. I wonder if we'll be able to have our bedroom be a baby free zone where we can leave sharp knives and bottles of toxic chemicals laying out in the open on our night stands. You know, because we did that before we had a baby. ha ha ha

Man, I sound like the mom who is sending their kid off to college and can't wait to turn the kid's room into an Elvis Presley shrine or something. Am I an awful person or what?

Well, this will be an exciting adventure. If only hubby wasn't sick right now. I know it's going to take time and patience. Bleh. I don't have a whole lot of patience, but we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I really appreciate your thoughts.