April 2, 2008

Toddler-Proof Your Mac

Hand-Made Mac Tip No. 1
How to Toddler-Proof Your Mac

Best viewed in Full Screen mode

Toddler-Proof Your Mac from TheMacMommy on Vimeo.

You can also check out my Vimeo Channel called TheMacMommyBlackboard.

This is the same video I've embedded in my blog before only this time I'm using Vimeo. I think the quality is much nicer on this version. I'm really concerned with how the end user will view it and I want it to look nice. I was also experiencing a copyright issue with some of the videos I posted to YouTube. (If you've been following me on Twitter, you may have seen my ranting. I'm getting over it now.) I may or may not pull the YouTube videos, I haven't yet made up my mind.

I'm also gearing up for a way to redesign my website a little to incorporate more video tutorials. I'm trying to learn what I can about screencasting and I'd like to try my hand at it. The problem is money and digital space or the lack thereof. My plan is to use some of this blog space to host some video tutorials and then somehow incorporate it as a fixed link on my website TheMacMommy.com

Right now, my blog (what you're reading now) and my website are two separate things, but my goal is to try and marry all of my web spaces together. Sort of like digital quilting, if you will. Since we're scraping by on a single income and don't have a lot of money, I'm using the free space our ISP provides to host my website. There isn't much server space at all, so I'm using that as a means to stitch together all of my other web spaces and online ventures.

So, I may be changing some of these blog posts and titles so that the links can play together nicely for a time when I revamp my website. I need to update my bio and other things, so look for some changes in the next few weeks, I hope!


I'll post more about this subject at another time, but for now I'm just excited to have tried out Vimeo.

I hope you like what I have so far! If you have any ideas or suggestions, I'd love to read a comment. I have it set so that comments get emailed right to my Mail.app into a handy little folder. Let me tell you, it makes my day when I see a comment come into my little folder! Keep em coming! I love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I really appreciate your thoughts.