September 12, 2008

Blogging Stuff

I have a huge backlog of pictures and videos with little text snippets that I want to post from our road trip this summer. Should I post them under some sort of Memories type theme or should I back-date the posts so that they appear in a correct chronological time line? I'm thinking that if I want to read this blog as a diary several years from now, I think I'd want the entries to be in the order in which they happened. I think I'm going to try and post a couple of entries soon and back date them. But, then I wonder what happens in an RSS reader? I assume the post would come through as unread, but it would be pushed back further and a subscribed reader might miss out.

Maybe what I might do is post the entries as a series of memories with current dates and then later on, say after a month, go back in and back date them so they appear in the correct time line.

I'll think of something.

Right now I'm experimenting with NetNewsWire and trying to use it as a means of somehow archiving my blog and twitter tweets. One thing I'm most interested in lately is archiving my blog. I'm also considering moving it all over to Wordpress and also pointing this blog to my registered domain name. I like the idea of having separate pages for things instead of having one long side bar that scrolls forever. I'm thinking of breaking out that stuff onto a separate page. I mean, the stats are really for me. I'm not sure how many poeple really like to look at that on a regular basis. My goal is to keep it clean and clutter free and easy on the eyes. I'd also like to make it mobile device friendly as well. I'm thinking if I segregate things, it might load faster on a mobile device.

I tried out Wordpress, but so far I just can't get it to do what I'm able to do with my Blogger blog here for free. I know everyone raves about Wordpress and it looks really nice on other people's blogs, but I just wonder if it's really worth all the frutstration of trying to migrate and then have to pay for it on top of it all.

At this point in time, I just can't justify having to pay for something I can do just as well for free. Frugalistas unite!

Well, anyhow, I'm trying to get through my backlog of stuff, but Lucian has been very needy lately and it's been hard trying to find time to write and stay focused. We've recently begun potty training, so it always seems like just as I get into it and start getting focused and concentrating, then I get interrupted with the potty dance.

That's it for now. If I don't press the publish button now, it's never going to happen!

1 comment:

  1. he he. never seen someone forcing himself to blog this way !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! I really appreciate your thoughts.